DNS & DNSsec Consulting
The Xelerance team are world leaders in DNS security. We assist clients achieve higher DNS security, which in turn provide a more robust and secure internet infrastructure. Our DNS support services includes:
- DNS Architecture Review
- DNS Architecture Design
- DNS Server Monitoring
- DNS Server Installation and Administration
- DNS Tuning & Security
- DNSsec Education
- DNSsec Migration
- DNSsec Deployment
Our focus is to provide solutions to organizations who rely on DNS for their critical business processes, applications and services, delivering superior security, reliability and performance. With the growth in e-commerce and the emergence of advanced DNS-based communication services such as VOIP, organizations can no longer rely on traditional approaches to DNS.
Our team’s creditentials are long and distinguished with the following:
- Over a decade of participation with the IETF and RIPE communities, including the publication of RFC’s related to IPsec, DNS and DNSsec.
- Creator, maintainer and main developer of the sshfp software package for automating the creation of DNS SSHFP records.
- Maintainer of a dozen packages for the RedHat Linux Fedora distribution, including nsd, ldns, sshfp, libotr and gaim-otr.
- ollaboration with the Internet Software Consortium (ISC) and beta tester for the BIND DNS and DNSsec nameserver software.
- Collaboration with NLnet labs and beta tester for the NLnet labs NSD DNS and DNSsec software.
- Main participant in the first TLD-wide Registry-Registrar shadow-zone deployment of DNSsec in The Netherlands with SIDN, the Dutch NIC responsible for the registration of 2 million .nl domains.
Specifically the set of RFC’s which will have a great impact to organizations worldwide are the DNSsec related RFC’s, such as RFC 2535, 3833, 4033 and 4641 . These RFC’s address many of the security and operational issues found in the current DNS protocol implementations, however; it also provides some challenges to implement and maintain DNSsec.